I’m not a gym bunny in the slightest so thanks for highlighting the alternatives 🙂
We all know any kind of movement is good for us.
We do, don’t we?
(Can’t hear you at the back of the class!)
At this time of year especially, articles, tweets, tv programmes, Instagram memes all shout at us to get our bodies moving.
Just in case you’re still in any doubt or denial, here is a list of proven benefits:
- it gets the heart pumping
- improves circulation
- builds muscle and bone which improves balance – especially important for those of us no longer in the first flush of youth
- builds strength and stamina
- creates endorphins which improves our mood, helps us feel better and therefore helps diminish those January blues and even depression.
- makes you feel more alert and energetic
- aids mental clarity, making us more productive and creative at work and home.
- helps prevent lifestyle diseases like Type 2 diabetes through better control of blood sugar…
View original post 1,405 more words