Chocolate Tiffin, otherwise known as Chocolate Fridge Cake or Chocolate No Bake Cake, is a delightful chocolate alternative to a straight up biscuit or cake. It’s somewhere in between which is likely to please many sweet fiends.
Chocolate Tiffin requires minimal preparation time, but it does need at least two hours to set in the fridge.
What’s great about Chocolate Tiffin is you can experiment with the ingredients, depending on your tastes. Fortunately it’s a versatile recipe that works with many things – try adding Maltesers, experiment with dark and milk chocolate, try it with Oreo cookies as the biscuit, or add marshmallows – the choices are endless.
This recipe is for a simple Chocolate Tiffin with digestive biscuits and raisins, which can easily be adapted to suit any additional ingredients.
- 100g Butter
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 225g Digestives Biscuits
- 100g Raisins
- 230g Milk Chocolate
- Line a square baking tray (20×20 works well) with non-stick baking parchment and leave some overhanging the edges of your tin. Set aside.
- Break up your digestive biscuits. If you want you can place them in a zip lock bag and break them up with a rolling pin.
- Add the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, golden syrup and 30g of milk chocolate to a large bowl and melt over a saucepan with boiling water. If not, you can melt the ingredients in a microwave for a short time.
- Stir in the biscuits and raisins and mix well. Press the mixture into your pre-lined tin.
- Melt the remaining milk chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan with boiling water or microwave it for a few seconds. Pour over the biscuit mixture and smooth over evenly.
- Leave to set in the fridge. It takes at least 2 hours to set, but ideally leave overnight for best results.
- Cut into individual portions (squares or rectangles).
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She is a writer who specialises in sustainable lifestyle and living, wellbeing, and entertainments. Rosa also works as a psychic, counsellor, intuitive reader and spiritual life coach helping people to become who they truly are and manifest their heart & soul’s desires into their lives: www.rosalindmedea.com