Apple crumble is one of the easiest, simplest and yummiest desserts to make and serve up.
There are many recipes for crumble out there – some use flour for the crumble mix and others use oats or a combination of both.
The below recipe is simple and uses a minimum of ingredients – butter, bramley apples, flour and golden caster sugar, and that’s it.
For the filling:
575g bramley apple (approximately 3 medium apples)
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
For the crumble:
110g golden caster sugar
175g plain flour
110g cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Core the apples and cut the apple into segments.
- Lay the segments into a 20cm square dish, making sure the whole dish is covered with the segments.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp golden caster sugar on top of the apples.
- Place the sugar and the plain flour in a bowl. Mix well. Then add the butter. Using your fingers, mix the ingredients until you get a consistency that resembles most breadcrumbs.
- Pour the crumble mix over the apples, making sure to spread it evenly
- Place in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden.
- Leave the dessert to cool for 15mins before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. Follow Rosa on Twitter.