Turmeric Latte or Golden Milk is a healthy hot drink to have especially during the colder months.
Turmeric is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties, making it a good choice for helping relieve cold and cough symptoms. It is also a blood purifier, anti-inflammatory assisting with easing pain associated with arthritis, and aids sleep.
The recipe for turmeric latte below has a slight saffron-like flavour thanks to the combination of spices, including cardamom seeds.
2 cups of whole milk or almond milk or coconut milk
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon of runny honey
3 cardamom pods
- Add milk of your choice to a small milk pan and heat on a low temperature.
- Open the cardamom pods and add the pod and the seeds to the milk.
- Add the turmeric, ginger and honey to the milk and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Heat until warm. Do not boil.
- Remove the cardamom pods from the pan.
- Serve in mugs. Serves 2.
- Add more honey to taste.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea