With the Christmas party season coming up, meatballs make an ideal party food snack.
Meatballs are also relatively easy to prepare and cook. The below recipe is easily adapted for whichever type of minced meat you prefer. You can use beef, turkey, chicken, lamb or pork mince or a combination of two.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dice the onion.
- Place the mince in a bowl. Add the garlic, onion, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinammon, fresh coriander, breadcrumbs, and beaten egg, and mix well.
- Shape the mixture, with your hands, into approximately 18-20 balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or griddle over a medium heat. Place the meatballs into the frying pan and cook them for 5 minutes, turning them halfway, until golden brown.
- Place the meatballs in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Serve hot or cold with dips such as salsa or tzatziki.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea