If you like sage and onion stuffing with a roast dinner, then you are going to love these sage and onion sausage rolls.
Perfect Christmas party bite-sized treats, these Sage and Onion Sausage Rolls are easy to make and gives that extra something to traditional sausage rolls.
- 450g pork sausagemeat or 6 pork sausages (remove the casing and use the meat)
- 1 onion, diced or finely chopped
- 2tsp of sage, finely chopped
- 250g ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Put the sausage meat, onion and sage into a large bowl and mix well.
- Use one or two sheets pre-rolled pastry and cut the pastry lengthways in half.
- Place the sausagemeat down in the centre, leaving edges on both sides.
- Wet edges with beaten egg, then fold over and seal using your fingers or a fork.
- Brush the long rolls with the beaten egg.
- Cut the long roll into smaller pieces (bite-size pieces or any size you like).
- Place the rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes until pastry is nicely browned.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea