The luscious mix of moist coconut covered in chocolate make Bounty bars one of the best loved confectionary.
Bounty-bars can be recreated in the kitchen at home. The recipe below for homemade chocolate and coconut bars can be made using six simple ingredients. You can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate depending on your preference.
These Bounty-bar style sweet treats are perfect to give as gifts over Christmas or to share at the dinner table.
- 160g desiccated coconut
- 260g coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of agave syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 250g of dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, add coconut cream, vanilla, coconut oil, and agave syrup. Place over a medium to low heat and stir to combine.
- Once the coconut cream and coconut oil have melted completely, add the desiccated coconut and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into baking tray and refrigerate until the mixture is firm.
- Take the baking tray out of the fridge and cut the coconut mixture into bars.
- Cover and place the coconut bars in the freezer for around 30mins or until the bars harden. Placing them in the freezer will make dipping them in chocolate easier.
- Melt the chocolate of your choice in a pan over hot water.
- Dip the bars in the chocolate one-by-one until well coated and leave to set on a piece of baking paper.
- When you’ve coated all of the bars put them in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- Serve. Store them in the fridge.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea