You may be familiar with sangria as a summertime drink, but it can also be enjoyed during the festive season as a mulled wine sangria.
A cross between a mulled wine and sangria, make a batch of this cocktail for your guests over the festive season. This recipe for mulled wine sangria is also delicious hot or cold.
- 1 bottle of Spanish red wine
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 orange, peel and fruit
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 apples
- Put the red wine, orange juice, brandy, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and orange peel in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat. Use a perforated spoon or slotted spoon to remove the spices and orange peel.
- Set aside the mulled wine sangria for a few minutes.
- Cut the apples into small chunks and place into heatproof serving glasses. Cut the peeled orange into small chunks and place in the glasses with the apples.
- Pour the mulled wine sangria in to the glasses and serve.
- To serve chilled, leave the mulled wine sangria to cool before placing in the fridge. Serve with ice.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea