Stuffing is on the top on the food list when it comes to the “trimmings”. If you love stuffing with your Christmas dinner then you will be pleased to know that it’s just as simple and easy to make it from scratch than it is out of a box.
Here’s a simple recipe for stuffing with the added delight of pork sausage meat.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 kg pork sausage meat
- 30g of fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large apple
- 100g white bread
- 75ml water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375ºF.
- Tear the white bread into small chunks and put in a blender until it becomes breadcrumbs.
- Dice the onions.
- Grate the apple.
- Put the onion, garlic and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add 75ml water and use your hands to mix it together.
- Mix in the sausage meat, apple, sage and some salt and pepper to season.
- Place the stuffing in a lightly greased baking dish. If you want, you can also set aside 1/3rd of this mix to use as stuffing for a turkey.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 50 minutes
- Serve with turkey.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea