Frozen yogurt is a healthy and delicious alternative to ice cream, and what’s more, if you make your own frozen yogurt at home you can experiment with a multitude of flavours that you are unlikely to find elsewhere.
This recipe is easy and does not require a ice cream maker. It’s so simple to make that you may be experimenting with various flavours often.
- 450g tub of Greek-style natural yogurt
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Granola, for sprinkling (optional)
- Put the bananas in the freezer. After two hours, take the bananas out of the freezer, peel them and place in a blender.
- Place the yogurt and maple syrup into the blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place the blended mix into a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- If your baking dish has a lid, place it on top. If not, use baking foil or food wrap to cover the mixture. Then place the mixture in the fridge. Freeze for at least two hours.
- Let the frozen yogurt sit out at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping.
- Serve the frozen yogurt with sprinkles of granola.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea