Is your fridge due a “deep” clean, cleanse and clear out? Take advantage of the cold weather and clean the fridge from top to bottom.
Here are two recipes you can use to clean your fridge with natural ingredients. The first recipe is for a natural, disinfectant cleaner for wiping down the fridge and it’s shelving units. Then follow up with keeping a natural deodoriser in the fridge.
The great thing about these recipes is they require inexpensive items that you most likely already have at home, maybe or maybe not with the exception of activated charcoal. Activated charcoal works as a great natural deodoriser for the fridge as it absorbs odours.
Natural Fridge Cleaner
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Spray bottle
- Place the ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Saturate a cloth with the solution and use to wipe down the inside of the fridge and shelving units.
Natural Fridge Deodoriser
- Activated Charcoal
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- Mason jar with holes in the lid
- Place the activated charcoal in a medium sized mason jar about 2/3rds full.
- Add the drops of lemon essential oil to the activated charcoal.
- Gently disperse the ingredients in the mason jar.
- Put the lid on and place the mason jar in the middle shelf of the fridge.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea