Yogurt-based dips are a healthy alternative to cream based dips, yet do not compromise on taste or flavour.
This recipe for yogurt, cumin and coriander dip is full of flavour thanks to the toasted cumin seeds, giving it an Indian-style taste sensation. This dip is perfect served with crudités, finger foods such as samosas and onion bhajis, or plain tortilla chips.
- 500g Natural Yogurt
- 1 heaped tbsp of cumin seeds, toasted
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place the cumin seeds in a saucepan. Toast on a low heat until the seeds start to pop.
- Once the seeds have cooled place them in a large bowl.
- Add the natural yogurt, lemon juice, and chopped coriander leaves to the bowl. Stir gently.
- Add salt to taste.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea