What do you get when you combine two of the world’s most wonderful foods – coffee and ice cream – for a sumptuous summer drink or dessert? Affogato – Italian gelato or ice cream “drowned” in a shot of espresso.
If you like almonds, the below recipe also uses crushed amaretti biscuits to give this Affogato an added touch of special.
- 1 shot of hot espresso
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 amaretti biscuit, crushed
- Make an espresso.
- Put one large scoop of vanilla ice cream into a glass or coffee cup.
- Pour the hot espresso over the ice cream.
- Crush the amaretti biscuit over the Affogato.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea