Energy balls or protein balls are a great way to get the protein that your body needs, keep you full for longer and can also satisfy a sweet tooth if you are curbing the sweet treats.
This recipe for Banana, Oat and Coconut Energy Balls contains no added sugar apart from the naturally occurring sugars found in banana.
- 180g wholegrain oats
- Coconut Milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsps of peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsps vanilla whey protein powder
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Place the wholegrain oats in a bowl and add enough coconut milk to soak the oats. Place in the fridge and leave to soak overnight.
- Place the soaked oats, bananas, peanut butter, cinnamon powder and vanilla whey protein powder in a blender and pulse to a smooth paste.
- Shape mixture into golf ball-sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes before serving.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief @rosamedea