Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. ‘There Are No Fakes’ reveals a dark tale of Indigenous art fraud – Upcoming TVO Original documentary from filmmaker Jamie Kastner dives into the shadowy world of art fraud in Canada and brings into question the legacy of Anishinaabe artist and Canadian icon Norval Morrisseau, Sault Online writes.
2. Indigenous knowledge saves home from wildfire in Australia – Phil Sheppard believes aboriginal knowledge on managing forests saved his self-built home in a remote mountain part of Australia from raging wildfires that have ravaged the country since September, Focus Taiwan CNA English News reports.
3. Why Mother Nature Is the Key to Reforestation Planet Desperately Needs – There is a more realistic way to replace the trees we have destroyed: Help nature run its course, Common Dreams writes. The premise of assisted natural regeneration is that the most economical way to restore and protect forests is to acknowledge nature’s resilience, remove barriers to natural regeneration and—where necessary—accelerate it. Given time, trees regrow and forests come back. Assisted natural regeneration simply supports and accelerates the process.
4. 10 ways Thailand is moving to a greener future – From a ban on plastics, a carbon-neutral lifestyle festival, artifiicial reefs and and the Kayaking for Chao Phraya clean-up, Thaiger investigates moves that Thailand is making to become more greener.
5. 9 ways to switch to plastic-free cleaning – There are lots of simple swaps we can all make to cut out plastic from our daily lives. Good Housekeeping highlights 9 ways to help you reduce plastic use.
6. Behind Every Film Production Is a Mess of Environmental Wreckage – Hollywood may be full of progressives, but critics say the industry needs to do a much better job limiting waste and carbon emissions, according to VICE.
7. 300kg of litter collected from Big Channel Islands beach clean – A beach clean across the Channel Islands has collected over 300kg worth of litter, ITV News reports.
Image Credit: The Isaan Record
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyles including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com