Creamy Garlic Mushrooms make a great side dish to have with chicken, meat or to stir into pasta. What’s more mushrooms, button mushrooms in particular are also high in protein with 3.6g of protein per 100g.
This recipe for creamy garlic mushrooms takes less than 10minutes to make, and can be made with any mushroom of your choice or mix of mushrooms even.
- 300g cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 120ml single cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A small handful of flour
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme (you can also use fresh)
- Butter, knob
- Coarse salt, a pinch
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add butter to the pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add the sliced mushrooms.
- Fry the mushrooms for a few minutes in the butter.
- Add the crushed garlic and thyme to the mushrooms and stir for 30 secs.
- Then add a handful of flour and stir the mixture. The flour will add thickness to the mix.
- Pour the single cream over the mixture and stir for under one minute.
- Add the salt and stir it in to the mix. Switch off the heat.
- Serve with chicken, meat or add to pasta or toast.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com