Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. Samsung’s new TV packaging transforms into cardboard cat houses – Samsung has introduced a new type of eco-friendly cardboard packaging that will be used with some of its new television models. These boxes are designed to transform into useful pieces of furniture, the most notable being the transformation into a small cat house, SlashGear reports.
2. Circular Fashion Helps Brands to Revamp Production Post Covid-19 – Some fashion brands see the period of stalled sales as an opportunity to revamp and implement their sustainability plans. Their strategy is to move ahead while keeping an eye to circularity. It is a model in which all the materials in a garment are reused and never end up as waste, Customer Think says.
3. ‘The future of food is local’. Dave Whelan of the Edible Landscape Project says now is the time for us to make the change – We can begin to manage our own exposure to food insecurity by educating ourselves, buying some seeds, growing our own fruit and vegetables, supporting our local organic farmers, composting, and minimising food waste, just to start with, Dave Whelan writes in The Journal.
4. Sea turtles are finally thriving now that people are stuck indoors – Stay-at-home orders have forced millions of people to stay indoors to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Now, as summer approaches and beaches remain void of people and pollution, sea turtles are finally able to nest peacefully — and they’re thriving, CBS News reports.
5. How can we be sustainable post-Covid 19? With a ban on non-essential travel and some countries in complete lockdown, we’re able to witness what happens to the Earth when we’re largely absent for the first time, according to BBC Global News.
6. With South Africa in lockdown, the lions are taking it very easy – Whether it’s goats in Wales or wild boar in Italy, animals around the world appear to be adjusting well to life without humans during the coronavirus outbreak. Even lions are enjoying the peace and quiet, a set of new photos from South Africa’s Kruger National Park shows, CNN reports.
7. Care about climate change? Here’s how you can help the planet while on lockdown – The Independent offers some ideas for tackling climate change and protecting the planet that you can do from the safety of home during the coronavirus pandemic.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com