Taking care your lips may include the use of a gentle exfoliator when removing dead skin cells is required. What’s more is you can make your own lip scrub from ingredients that you already have around the house.
The zero-waste recipe below calls for the use of used coffee grounds. So next time you put on a brew, be sure to save some used coffee grounds to make this natural lip scrub. Coffee grounds are much gentler on the skin than sugar, and it tasting and smelling good is an added bonus. The coconut oil in this lip scrub will assist in moisturising your lips as the coffee grains exfoliates your lips.
- 2tbsps used coffee grounds
- 2tsps of extra virgin coconut oil
- Empty lip balm container or small container
- Put the coffee grounds in a small bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and using a spoon or wooden spatula combine the ingredients together until it forms a paste.
- Spoon the ingredients into a container.
- Apply the scrub on to lips using small circular movements.
- Wash off any remaining scrub with water.
- Store the remanining scrub in the fridge.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com