Lemonade is a much loved drink that quenches thirst in the summer months, and goes down a charm any other time of year really.
There are different ways to make lemonade. The below recipe makes use of simple syrup (a water and sugar solution), which is ideal for those that are not keen on the gritty taste of sugar in drinks.
- 1050ml of water
- 280g granulated sugar
- 300ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To make a simple syrup, in a small saucepan heat sugar and 350ml of water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir often until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a pitcher.
- Then add the simple syrup to the pitcher.
- Top the pitcher with 700ml of water. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice and garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com