Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. Gardening Advice from Indigenous Food Growers – Cheyenne River Youth Project’s director Julie Garreau discusses how “gardens represent resiliency, strength, wellness, culture” with Yes! Magazine, and other indigenous food growers share tips on how to grow a garden.
2. Take a Virtual Tour of the Studio Ghibli Museum – The Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo has released a series of YouTube videos that take you around various rooms, showing different art and memorabilia from some of the studio’s most beloved animated films. Each video, under a minute long, shows the museum’s colorful exterior and a stained-glass doorway featuring the Catbus from “My Neighbor Totoro,” before continuing down a candle-lit hallway.
3. How Africa is leading the way to a zero waste future – From Egypt to Tanzania, public waste management schemes are offering green alternatives to privatisation, according to Open Democracy.
4. Could greenhouses, tents and pods be the new normal in post-lockdown dining? – The Spaces looks at how restaurants are adapting to social distancing.
5. EU seeks to reset relationship with nature after COVID crisis – The European Union will step up efforts to make food production more sustainable and halt biodiversity loss, after the coronavirus pandemic has exposed the need for a healthier relationship between human activity and nature, Reuters reports.
6. Cambodian conservationists hopeful for revival of rare royal turtle – Conservationists in Cambodia are celebrating the hatching of more critically endangered turtles in recent months than the past three years combined, owing to a preservation drive and a halt on sand-dredging, according to Reuters.
7. The future of travel – has Covid-19 given us the wake up call we needed? – Has Covid-19 made sustainable travel a reality? Will staycations be the holiday of the future? Irish Examiner asks travel industry spokespeople.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living. She also offers content services to businesses and individuals at Rosamedea.com