Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. Digital groups help people aim for zero-waste lifestyles in Japan – Enacting change in everyday lives is key to reducing waste, and a growing number of online communities in Japan are helping people directly tackle the waste they produce, Japan Times reports.
2. In Chile, Indigenous Management of Coastal Areas Improves Marine Conservation -Federal government’s use of 2008 law also helps native communities carry on cultural traditions, according to PEW.
3. The Journey to Create a Sustainable Fashion Marketplace for Men – Eco-Stylist is an online marketplace for eco-conscious and ethically made men’s clothing. Cause Artist speaks with Eco-Stylist founder Garik Himebaugh in their latest podcast.
4. Prince Harry calls on tourism industry to ‘build back better’ after Covid-19 – Prince Harry says that travel industry has a “responsibility” to reshape the way people travel, Travel Weekly reports.
5. Olafur Eliasson’s AR Earth Speakr app lets children voice concerns about the climate – Artist Olafur Eliasson has developed an augmented reality app that allows children to digitally transplant their faces onto their environment to help give them a voice in discussions about the climate crisis, Dezeen reports.
6. Central African states seek to make forests work for people and planet – Countries home to the Congo Basin rainforest, including Gabon and the Republic of Congo, are working on ways to harness their majestic trees to benefit their people while maintaining climate protection and other natural services the forests provide, according to Reuters.
7. South Downs National Park launches major plan for nature recovery – An ambitious vision to help boost nature and drive a green economic recovery has been unveiled by the South Downs National Park Authority and partners. The bold strategy, covering the South East region of England, aims to create a connected network of “green infrastructure” that makes havens for wildlife, supports local economies, helps to mitigate climate change and gives local people all the health and wellbeing benefits of a better natural environment, Pro Landscaper writes.
Image Credit: Earth Speakr
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.