Fancy a pizza but want something with more protein content rather than carbs? Then make a pizza-style omelette instead. Just as creative as you can be with pizza-making, you can do the same with omelette.
Sunflower oil, drizzle
2 small vine tomatoes, sliced
Cheddar cheese, grated
Italian-style dried mixed herbs
2 eggs, large
Whole milk, a dash
Harissa/Sriracha or Tomato-based hot sauce of your choice
Salt, to taste
- In a frying pan, add the sunflower oil (add enough to lightly cover the whole pan. Put on a low heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add a dash of whole milk to the egg mixture and beat again.
- Add the sliced tomatoes to the pan, spreading them evenly around the pan. Fry the tomatoes for around 60seconds.
- Then add the egg mixture to the pan, making sure that it spreads evenly around and top of the tomatoes. Let this heat for around 60 seconds.
- Squirt sriracha sauce in a spiral on top of the egg mixture. Or evenly spread small dollops of harissa on top of the egg mixture.
- Add grated cheese on the mixture, being sure to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the dried herbs on top of the cheese.
- Keep the heat on low until the eggs are completely cooked through. You can put a lid on to ensure that the eggs cook evenly.
- Place the omelette on to a plate. Add salt to taste.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.