Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. Jamie Foxx puts some ‘Soul’ into Christmas at the movies – “Soul” takes animated movies to new heights, not just with its philosophical themes about the meaning of life but as the first in Pixar’s 25-year feature film history to feature a predominantly Black cast, Reuters writes.
2. 10 ways to become a sustainable fashion consumer – RTE suggests 10 ways to to make your wardrobe a little more sustainable from unsubscribing from fast fashion emails, repair before you replace, green your laundry through to buying sustainable pieces.
3. Destinations Looking to a More Sustainable Future of Travel – Travel Pulse provides a rundown of destinations choosing to focus on sustainable travel, highlighting what good they’re doing for their communities and environment.
4. Four creative ways companies are embracing the circular economy – From shoes you don’t own, reusable fast food packaging, recycling incentives through to big brands reselling second-hand goods, World Economic Forum looks at four examples of the circular innovation that could be coming to a store near you.
5. How citizen scientists flock together for conservation – They act as “eyes and ears on the ground”, complementing the work of wildlife researchers. CNA looks at the growing number of citizen scientists in Singapore who help to monitor birds on the island.
6. Seaweed hand sanitizer is fighting COVID-19 in an eco-friendly way in Canada – Seaweed-based hand sanitizer is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional products that use glycerin, which has a high carbon footprint, according to the The Weather Network.
7. More people are using farm shops and local produce since Covid-19 began, research shows – In Wales, research by NFU Mutual reveals that one in four people have used farm shops or bought from local producers more in 2020, and 40% were planning to buy more from farm shops and local producers this holiday season, according to News & Star.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.