Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. The Louvre has put its entire art collection to view online – For the first time ever, the entire Louvre collection is available online, whether works are on display in the museum, in storage or on long-term loan in other French institutions. Designed for both researchers and curious art lovers, more than 482,000 entries can be seen for free, Lonely Planet writes.
2. Fossil fuel shares drop in value compared with clean energy, think tank says – The value of share offerings in fossil fuel companies dropped by almost 20% since 2012, while low-carbon companies gained ground in the shift towards clean energy, a report by think-tank Carbon Tracker shows, according to Reuters.
3. Creative industry pulls together to help sector professionals find work or retrain – The ‘Step Across’ scheme from Screen Alliance Wales aims to help workers in the theatre and live events sector find work or retrain to get jobs in the film and TV industry, Business Live reports.
4. Welcome to Dunbar, Scotland’s first Zero Waste town – The Independent explores why a Scottish coastal town is channelling the spirit of a 19th century conservationist.
5. IKEA’s new cookbook puts kitchen scraps to good use – IKEA has launched a kitchen scraps cookbook dedicated to reusing waste we usually throw away – and, best of all, it can be downloaded for free, House Beautiful writes.
6. Etsy reduce the impact of packaging this Earth Month – This April, to celebrate earth month Etsy have pledged to offset 100% of carbon emissions from packaging. This means Etsy will offset the carbon emissions from shipping, packaging, and materials at no additional cost to buyers or sellers, according to Tamebay.
7. Shark feed: UK launches world’s largest underwater monitoring system – A network of cameras will look to track the health of ocean wildlife across more than 4 million square kilometres of ocean, NBC reports.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.