Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. EU countries could face national renewable energy goals, official says – European Union policy makers are likely to propose national targets on expanding renewable energy to try to ensure the bloc achieves its goals on cutting emissions, according to Reuters.
2. UK businesses set to invest almost £16bn in EVs this year – UK businesses are planning to spend £15.8bn on electric vehicles (EVs) between April 2021 and March 2022, a 50% increase in spending from the previous year, a new survey by Centrica Business Solutions reveals.
3. Supermarkets threaten Brazilian boycott over Amazon destruction – British supermarkets have threatened to boycott Brazilian products if the national congress passes a bill to increase the speed of deforestation in the Amazon rainforest, according to The Grocer.
4. Video games get serious about climate change – From Sims Eco Lifestyle to Minecraft Climate City, environmental issues are becoming a popular theme in video games. DW asks: But can the industry deliver on its own green message?
5. WasteAid launches €10,000 Zero Waste Cities Challenge – WasteAid, a UK based international NGO, is launching the Zero Waste Cities Challenge to find entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas that help reduce or recycle waste and create green employment opportunities, according to Circular.
6. Kitchen appliances to eliminate food wastage and live that zero waste life – In an attempt to combat food wastage and to promote zero waste living, designers have been coming up with innovative kitchen gadgets! Yanko Design highlights products that provide unique solutions to curb the wastage of food on a daily basis.
7. These Baby Animal Photos Reveal a Lot about Motherhood – Wildlife photographer’s Suzi Eszterhas’ “New on Earth” celebrates moms and babies in the wild. In honor of Mothers Day, Eszterhas shared with Sierra in her own words what she’s learned from years spent observing animal moms in the wild.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.