Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. Air France powers long-haul flight to Canada with used cooking oil – Air France-KLM flew a biofuel-powered Airbus A350 from Paris to Montreal this month, demonstrating the airline’s readiness to adopt low-emissions fuel despite deep industry divisions over the pace of its adoption, according to France24.
2. Royal Mail chooses Bristol to launch first all-electric delivery office – Royal Mail has chosen Bristol to launch its first delivery office operating with an all-electric fleet of vehicles, Business Live writes. A total of 23 electric vans have replaced diesel model predecessors at the company’s Bristol East Central Delivery Office in Easton, in a bid to help reduce emissions.
3. Purpose At Work: How Cleancult Is Fueling The Zero Waste Movement – Through thoughtful branding, a dedication to quality, ease of use and a commitment to sustainability, Cleancult is carving out a competitive advantage, according to Forbes.
4. Thailand reveals plan to end legal sale of wildlife – Thailand is ramping up efforts to curb trade in wildlife to help reduce the risk of future pandemics, officials have said, though it was unclear whether that would mean an end to all sales of exotic species in the wildlife trafficking hub, Belfast Telegraph reports.
5. National Trust tests out sustainable alternatives to plastic tree guards – The National Trust is testing out sustainable alternatives to plastic tree guards as part of its efforts to increase woodland cover on its land. Alternatives to the plastic guards, which protect saplings from animal grazing and other damage, include using “crates” built from locally-felled diseased trees, using existing shrubs to protect young trees and cardboard tubes, according to North Wales Chronicle.
6. Community Of Tiny Homes For Homeless Opens In Reseda – A group of tiny homes for Los Angeles’ homeless population has opened in Reseda, LA. The former homeless encampment was transformed into a village of tiny homes with enough space to house 200 homeless people, CBSLA reports.
7. Total rebrands TotalEnergies to capitalise on renewables – Total has rebranded TotalEnergies as it focuses more on renewables and clean energy in a move towards being net-zero emissions by 2050.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.