Here’s a roundup of some of the stories that have captured Life & Soul Magazine’s attention this week:
1. The Bass Rock: ‘One of the 12 wildlife wonders of the world’ acting as a sanctuary for gannets in east coast of Scotland – Described by Sir David Attenborough as “one of the 12 wildlife wonders of the world”, we take a look at the Bass Rock, or simply the Bass – an island acting as a sanctuary for hundreds of thousands of gannets in the east coast of Scotland, The Scotsman reports.
2. Zero-Waste Body Wash launched – Plus has launched its sustainable and dissolvable body wash sachets. Each Body Wash sheet is wrapped in a dissolvable sachet made of wood pulp from responsibly managed FSC forests; vanishes down your drain instantly. The ink is no-tox, bio-renewable, FDA approved, and dissolves without a trace.
3. Rental clothing is the next big retail boom – Resale and rental retailers have been thriving in the pandemic – and not just because the high street was shuttered, according to Wired.
4. El Salvador’s first wind farm comes online – The 54-MW Ventus wind farm, the first in El Salvador, has been successfully commissioned, project owner Tracia Network Corporation and consultancy ArcVera Renewables announced.
5. ChaRM: The Nonprofit on a Mission to Keep Hazardous Household Materials Out of the Environment – The Center for Hard to Recycle Materials (CHaRM), run by Atlanta-based nonprofit Live Thrive, not only helps to safely divert a wide array of hazardous household materials from local landfills, it educates residents on the critical role of recycling in creating jobs and stimulating our economy, Sustainable Brands reports.
6. Tetra Pak Featured Among 50 Sustainability and Climate Leaders – Tetra Pak has been recognised as one of the world’s 50 Sustainability and Climate Leaders. The leading food processing and packaging solutions company has been acknowledged for its commitment to pioneer a sustainable future, with a documentary showcasing its journey.
7. FedEx eBikes in Frankfurt – FedEx‘s emission-free e-bikes have now hit the streets of Frankfurt, Germany – all part of the company’s goal to reach carbon neutral operations by 2040.
Rosa Medea is Life & Soul Magazine’s Chief. She writes about lifestyle including sustainable and green living.